Saturday, June 23, 2012

Workbench time......Ork and Angels

Hello all

See I told ya i'd be more regular with posting!  So big news on the 40k front with 6th edition on it way next weekend (30/06/12) I'm really looking forward to having the rules in front of me as those rumours are getting rather stupid now.

Any how as a result of 6th and the fact I had one from ages ago I finally built me Storm Raven for the 2nd Coy Blood Angels(BA's)...... now I know that I have said that the BA's are Pre Horus Heresy(PHH) and that Storm Ravens are only a new addition to the armouries of the BA's but well its fantasy so.......its fantasy deal with it.
So as you can see I can't just leave the kit alone unchanged can I.  The kit design has a few design aesthetics that i'm not too keen on, the horrid servitor turret and the nose gun for starters.  I removed them both and moved the multi melta on to a razorback turret mounted on the roof.
The servitor turret mounted weapons, namely the Assault cannons are now wing mounted hard points using the Assault cannons from the Ravenwing sprue.
I always thought the turret on the roof was too far forward so i moved it back and filled the old turret mount with plasicard.  I wanted a Mk6 pilot just because of PHH theme and i like the helmets ( I have two assault  and one tactical squads that are all beakies!).
Finally i wanted a more old school thunderhawk type cockpit so i made it, oh and made an intake in the nose to replace the nose cannon mount.
so there you got a PHH Stormraven, may the fluff Nazi's scream bloody murder the sky!

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
on a totally different subject....well army.  I have converted some Loota's for the World War 2(WW2) Orks.
Again not  being content with the box and seeing some of the cool Kromlech (http://kromlech.eu/) guns it got me a thinkin and this is what i came up with.....




Ok the idea behind these are that the guns count as the fire power of 2 Lootas, in a squad of 10 I have 5 guns and 5 loaders.  The loader have ammo crates and binos and the like and they are essentially wound makers for the 'guns'.
 I liked the idea of  flak guns from WW2 so these are based on many German gun types.  The guns will be painted as Luftwaffe, so blue/grey uniforms for the crew and yellow/green/red brown camo for the guns.

So that's it for this weeks update, more to come can't wait for 6th!








No comments:

Post a Comment