Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Dark Age Update

So the month of June is nearly over and so time for a progress report for the Skjaldborg Dark Age armies.
First of all I needed some more specific 7th-10th century terrain for our future battles. So I picked up a couple of 4ground (https://www.4ground.co.uk) Early & High Medieval range of buildings, the High Medieval cottage and the Anglo-Dane hovel.



Basically straight out of the box, except for textured paint on the floor and some broken up twigs for logs on the fire pits and the pile of firewood in the corner of the cottage.  I'm so impressed with these kits I've gone and bought 3 more buildings from the ranges, so i'll post more pictures once i have the whole hamlet built up.

So the Thane and his Huskarls have a spot of paint on them, just the base colours and wash for now.

Some reinforcements have arrived from across the sea, From the excellent Gripping Beast (http://www.grippingbeast.co.uk) in the form of a pagan priest and some Ulfhednar
Also for a scenario I came up with, these fellows came along....

On the weekend past the Vikings mounted a raid on Normandy to capture the pigs shown above,  unfortunately the raid was total destroyed and very few Norsemen made it back to the long ships.  After the first game of Skjaldborg I have gone back to the army list and made some major changes, including the addition of some archers and a Berserker. 
The archers are from Conquest games (http://www.conquest-games.co.uk) and this set is also very impressive.  I've made 8 with the slight conversion of bow strings added, I used fuse wire for the string.
So this weekend I shall get some more Norsemen painted up and hopefully make another update. As for the Normans.............some of them were undercoated and had the mail painted silver, so i'll try and get my bro to get some more paint on his figures this weekend too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment