Thursday, June 9, 2016

Re-purposing a Brummbar and the Dark Age challenge

So in the theme of resurrection my first modelling project is the re-purposing of an armoured vehicle that had been ruined by a spray can.

The vehicle in question is the Sturmpanzer or Brummbar assault gun, this is a nice kit from Warlord Games but it had an unfortunate accident with a can of Army Painter desert yellow spray which went on too thick.  Spray can paint is a bit of a nightmare in Auckland as it has to be the the right weather (not too Humid, Damp, Cold, etc) for the spray to go on without issue, and I sprayed at the wrong time......

But after languishing in a tub of simple green for months I decided that a wrecked tank is in order for my ruined village, and I was inspired by this picture.
    
So after finding the correct ruin and a bit of chopping and sanding here is the end result...


So the next step is to get some paint on the thing.

In other News.....

So I have been trying to get my gaming group sorted with war gaming in the Dark ages/Early Medieval, 800AD to 1100 AD. We are using a variant of the Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit Strategy battle game we have called Skjaldborg!

Anyhow my Brother (Sam) and I have chosen our armies, Sam will be the stinkin' Normans and I will be the Norsemen! 
The Army of Henri ‘le boucher pieuse’ Picard
The Longboat crew of Ulf the Red

Sam will be completing for the Normans, 5 knights (including the Noble) 11 spear and shield infantry, 6 Crossbow men and 1 Daneaxe armed infantry.  

My Norsemen include 1 Thegn, 3 Hersir (elite warriors)  with sword and Shield, 1 Hersir with a banner, 2 Hersir with Daneaxes, 8 warriors with Axe and shield and 8 warriors with spear and shield.

We aim to have all this painted by the 31 August 2016 so we can have a game and post pictures of the skirmish, watch this space!




No comments:

Post a Comment